I love this time of the year when all the gardens (except mine) are producing so well and there’s alot of fresh produce to eat! A kind neighbor gave me some Zucchini, squash and cucumbers yesterday! Growing up I was never that fond of Zucchini and especially not Squash! Ugh I remember having gagging fits on cooked squash 🙁 But since my tastes have changed quite a bit since then I decided I wanted to find a good recipe to fix the Zucchini last night and see if I like it. So after talking to my sister Carolyn, she sent me a recipe to try and I was pleasantly surprised and thot it was great!! So now I wanna share it with you all.
So here’s the recipe,
3 large Zucchini (cubed with peel on, if they are seedy I would remove the seeds)
1 large onion
16 oz shredded cheese
1 can cream of celery soup
2 eggs beaten
2 T mayonnaise
2 T white sugar
3 c bread crumbs
1 stick melted butter
- Cook zucchini and onion in salted water until just slightly soft.
- In the mean time mix next 5 ingredients together. Once Zucchini is a lil soft, drain and mix with previous ingredients.
- Mix melted butter and bread crumbs together.
- Pour half of Zucchini mix into a 9 x 13 pan and layer with half of the bread crumbs then repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Here’s the printable recipe, Zucchini Casserole