Happy Friday to you all! Yay for the weekend being here 🙂 Seems like weekends are so short anymore, I would like to start planning meals ahead of time and prepare as much as I can in advance so I don’t have to be in the kitchen all weekend when my hubby is home… Sigh, maybe eventually I will get it accomplished.
But anyway, today I am sharing an absolutely delicious recipe with you, I know strawberries are past for this year, but you can use frozen berries, fresh from Walmart, Kroger, etc… Trust me, it will be worth buying them to make this if you don’t have any in the freezer.
Crush Pretzels and mix with butter and sugar, press into pan and bake at 400 for 8 minutes.
Mix cream cheese and sugar together, then fold in whipped topping and spread over pretzel crust. (once it has cooled off)
Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. Stir in the strawberries and let it sit until it starts to set up just a lil bit. Spread over cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- 2 c. crushed pretzels
- 3/4 c melted butter
- 3 T white sugar
- 1 - 8oz cream cheese
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 - 8oz whipped topping
- 3/4 c. strawberry gelatin (or 6 oz)
- 2 c. boiling water
- 2 1/2 c. fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar, mix well and press in bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Bake 8 to 10 min until set.
- Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl mix together cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mixture onto cooled crust, be sure to spread around the edges to seal off the crust.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water.
- Stir in the strawberries and let it sit until it starts to set up just a lil bit.
- Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate till ready to serve. Be sure to set it level in fridge…
- It is very important to let the Strawberries and gelatin water cool off and set a little or the gelatin will melt through the cream cheese layer and into the pretzels and you will have soaked up pretzels!