Heres a recipe for homemade Peppermint Patties that i tried the other day. They are really sweet and i like to put em in Hot Chocolate to get the flavor of the Peppermint Hot Chocolates from McDonalds 🙂
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 24 -32 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 -6 tablespoons shortening
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat.
- Knead on a surface sprinkled with more sugar until dough is stiff.
- (The stiffer the better when it come to the dipping part!) Add more sugar while kneading if the dough is sticky.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch circles. If they are much bigger than that they fall apart when you dip them. I just used a ranch bottle cap to get them cut out and they were about the perfect size.
- Let the cut patties dry for at least 2 hours on *each* side. They need to be really dry.
- Melt chocolate & shortening in microwave; stirring constantly until smooth. Using 1 Tbls of shortening for every 6 oz. of chocolate. Keep chocolate hot for dipping.
- Dip patties in melted chocolate, and place on wax paper to cool. This was the first time i ever dipped candy in chocolate so they aren’t perfect but hey that doesn’t affect the flavor lol 🙂