These long winter days are starting to make me feel a little cooped up but then there’s the occasional warmer day that gives me spring fever 🙂 I am so ready for all those fresh garden goodies again! Yeah I know its still a few months away, but a girl can dream right?!
Todays recipe is “Homemade Italian Dressing” and although all greens that go in it are dry, I would love to try this with fresh veggies and spices out of the garden!
Its Tasty Tuesdays again, to see the full recipe click here
Linking up with Trim Healthy Tuesdays.
Do you hate being in the kitchen?
Do you struggle with what to cook?
Are you tired of the kitchen always being messy and having counters full of dirty dishes?
Then this is for you!
Today I am sharing 3 Ways to Maximize Kitchen Time and to make it enjoyable to be cooking and baking. After all if the kitchen is in use the house will usually have great smells wafting through the air 🙂
- Decide what you will be cooking or baking the evening before and lay out the ingredients, especially if you need something out of the freezer. If you thaw it overnight it will be ready to go first thing in the morning! Need inspirations or ideas? Check out my recipes on my blog or my Pinterest page also has alot of delicious looking recipes. I can’t promise how the ones on Pinterest will turn out as I haven’t tried them all but I do know the ones on my blog are Awesome 🙂
- Start out with a clean counter and clean up after yourself as you go. There is nothing I hate worse then finally being done cooking and have to spend another hour cleaning up 🙁
- Keep it simple. Especially if you have kids demanding your attention… Sometimes I love planning a fancy dinner for us and going all out with the decorating, but for the most part, I try to stick to simple and delicious meals that don’t take alot of time…
These are pretty simple and straight forward ways to get in and out of the kitchen, but I find that they make a difference for me!
What are some tips that you use to Maximize your time in the kitchen?
Do you enjoy these cool fall evenings? I love how it calls for warm fires, long evenings around the fires and hot drinks 🙂
Today I am sharing a recipe for Homemade Cappuccino Mix. It is by far better then any mix you can buy and is really delicious with some Marshmallows on top!
Head on over to Woman to Woman Ministries to see this delicious recipe!
Click here to be directed right over there 🙂
Today I’m linking up with:
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade in the fridge for whenever you get thirsty?
Here is a simple and delicious recipe for ‘fresh’ lemonade and it is seriously the best lemonade I ever had!
You just need, fresh lemons, sugar and water 🙂
Here’s what you do:
Take 2 lemons and cut the ends off…
Read more here… Its Tasty Tuesdays again 😉
I’m also linking up with:
Heeyyy this is exciting!! 🙂 This is the first recipe I am sharing on Woman to Woman Ministries since I have joined their team! Its such a simple snack and most people love it, especially all your little people 😉
With schools starting everywhere again I thought this would be a great time to share this simple and delicious Oyster Cracker Snack recipe with you. Its the perfect snack to put in the lunch box, have as an after school snack, or since football season is once again here, its perfect for that football party too 🙂 The best part about it is you can be eating it as soon as its mixed, or if you have the patience, its better about 2 hours after mixing so its had some time to dry.
To see the rest of the recipe click here to hop on over to Woman to Woman Ministries and let me know what you think about it…
Be sure to check out my giveaway here and enter for a chance to win some delicious homemade fudge and cookies!
When I first saw this recipe for Oatmeal Whole Wheat Pancakes I just knew I had to try it! It just sounded like it would be delicious, healthy, and a little more ‘filling’ then the ‘regular run’ pancakes. And sure enough that all proved to be true 😉
Since my hubby loves pancakes anyway these were a hit with him!
So here’s the recipe for you to try them for yourself, rest assured its quite simple.
Oatmeal Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c milk
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 T veg oil
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ c oatmeal
- Beat eggs till fluffy
- Add all other ingredients except oatmeal and beat well.
- Fold in oatmeal and pour about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup onto hot skillet. Once it start bubbling on the top you can flip the pancake. Once its a nice golden brown on both side its done!
Hopefully you’ll have better luck flipping them on the pan then me! I have never been good at that, it always looks so simple and fun watching other people do it and then somehow I manage to mess it up…
I love to eat them with peanut butter and Maple Syrup!
Good luck and hope you enjoy them.
A friend of ours gave us some Granola recently and we really liked it so I got the recipe and made it for the first time this forenoon! Its fairly simple to make and is very delicious!
Here’s the recipe for it:
6 c. quick oats 1 c. coconut
1 1/2 c. brown sugar 1 1/2 t. salt
4 c. graham crackers (1 box) 1 c. sliced almonds
1 c. melted butter
1 c. Raisins (optional) 1 c. butterscotch chips (optional)
Mix oats, sugar, crackers, coconut, salt, and almonds together. Stir in butter and mix like pie crust. Toast in oven for 1 hour at 225*, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool then add butterscotch chips and raisins. Store in airtight container. Enjoy with cold milk for breakfast or anytime for that matter 🙂
Hope you like it!