Have you ever come to the place in your life when you look back and really wish you had enjoyed ‘that’ time in your life a little more?
I have! and although I love where God has me at in life right now, it is still at times tempting to wish the kids would grow just a little faster, be at the next stage in life, be able to do just a little more on their own… and the list goes on.
But I have also learned from past experience that I will never have this chance again and if I don’t enjoy it now I will never have this opportunity again! So I am focusing on
- enjoying the moments,
- making memories,
- taking time for the little things,
- having a little more patience,
- speaking a little kinder,
- and knowing that if they don’t learn everything I am trying to teach them ‘right now’ that they will still be just fine 🙂
So that is kind of what inspired this post…
Here are a few things that I wish someone would have told me back when I was still single…
- Make God your #1 priority
- Travel (especially missionary related excursions)
- Help out a busy mom
- Save your money (check out Dave Ramsey here)
- Invest it too
- Help out at local ministries
- Enjoy the carefree days
- Never drop your life to chase after ‘him’, let him pursue you 😉
- Most of all, live your life to the fullest, with no regrets (yes that’s something you will be working on your entire life 🙂
With all that being said, yes I am happily married! And no I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
Marriage is work tho, and it will come to you at the exact time God has it planned for your life, so pining for it won’t bring it any sooner, so go enjoy each day you are given 🙂
And here are a few of my current blessings…