Since we live in an old house that has many issues with insulation I have been dealing with having a sick baby way more then I like. She isn’t ‘sick sick’ but just enough that we seem to be dealing with sniffles, sore throats, and coughs quite frequently.
So here are a “5 Ways to Prepare for Flu Season” that I have been gathering that I am wanting to use to help fight off that flu bugs and make them want to stay far away from this Mama 🙂
- Build up their immune system… Vitamin C, calcium, fruits, veggies…
- Keep medicines and tissues in abundance… I prefer the most natural way possible and recently learned of an essential oil that is 100% natural (no fillers whatsoever) that is supposed to be great at fighting off flu’s and preventing them so its been ordered and is on the way to my place at the moment. I will let you know how I like it once I have tried it. Its called doTerra OnGuard Essential Oil . **
- Keep them warm… Since our floor is always cold its mandatory to wear socks. I even found these cool little Skidproof Shoes at Big Lots that help keep her from sliding around on the slippery flooring we have and help keep her feet warm at the same time! I of course found some that were alot more girlish but this was the only picture they had on their website..
- Stay caught up on sleep as much as possible… If we have a rough night I will often just sit down and hold her for a while until she goes back to sleep. Its alot easier to do that if I am not already way behind in sleep. When they take a nap during the day, drop everything and join them! It will make the world of a difference.
- Remember they are only young once… Take the time to cherish each moment, one day you will look back and miss those cuddles, snotty noses, sound of them saying Mommy, kisses, hugs etc etc.
**I am leary of alot of Essential Oils because of what all they put in them and for many other reasons but since this one was 100% natural we felt comfortable giving it a try.
What are some ways you get thru all the winter bugs? I would like more ideas 🙂